I ♥ Characters


Once upon a time I had TONS of things to blog about, and occasionally joined in on a fun prompt. Now, I find that I love prompts and sprinkle in day-to-day whenever I can. This blog circle is hosted by Dani at Perspective of a Writer and I cannot wait to join the fun each week.

This is an "off" week, so I could have sat it out but since it's my first week ever joining in, I chose to take Dani's suggestion of recycling an old idea. The one I picked is:

What character would you go on vacation with?

If this was something that could really happen, I'd pick Eleanora Pacelli from Patti Benning's Papa Pacelli's Pizzeria series of cozy mysteries.

Ellie is a strong, independent woman who uproots herself and moves to a tiny town in Maine from bustling Chicago when she finds that her fast-paced corporate life and fiance aren't at all what they seem to be. She moves in with her grandmother, Ann, after the unexpected death of Ellie's grandfather. When her grandmother asks her to help out with Papa Pacelli's, her grandfather's adored restaurant, Ellie does so with a bit of apprehension. When a body is discovered outside the restaurant shortly after, Ellie has to convince Russell Ward, the sheriff, that she is not the prime suspect. That's just in the first book, folks. The series is now 31 books long as of this posting, and they are all incredibly fun to read and to try and guess "whodunit" before the answer is revealed. 

Ellie is a great friend, clever, brave, sometimes blissfully unaware of the danger she could be walking right into, and it always turns into a fun read with some great chills that keeps me reading long after I should put my Kindle down and get some sleep. The best part of the books, in my opinion, is that they are cozy mysteries, meaning they can (usually) be read in a couple hours. Sometimes this means I can read two or three through the course of the day and after I climb in bed at night!

Ellie seems like a really fun lady, and I would love to take a trip with her. There would be awesome pizza and definitely no dull moments! 

Papa Pacelli's Recent Releases

Pesto Pizza Murder
tagged: currently-reading and papa-pacelli-s
Jalapeno Pizza Murder
it was amazing
tagged: favorites and papa-pacelli-s
Chicken Alfredo Murder
it was amazing
tagged: favorites and papa-pacelli-s
Pork, Pizza and Murder
it was amazing
tagged: favorites and papa-pacelli-s
Hot, Spicy Murder
it was amazing
tagged: favorites and papa-pacelli-s

goodreads.com

Comments

  1. Oh this is fun..I want to go to Thaisa and hang out with the wolfguard. (The Others series by Anne Bishop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great series, I haven't seen this cozy series being mentioned but I do like the scenario. Still trying to work out Kimberley's comment because I love The Others series but can't see the connection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozy mysteries are so fun!! I do find that the main characters are soooo full of personality that they become the total draw! I love the ones about a woman who moves to live with her aunt and learns she's a witch that can /has to grant wishes! Thanks for sharing Ellie! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? 2.11.19

♫♪♫ Music Monday ♫♪♫