It's Monday, What Are You Reading? 2.11.19



Yes, ANOTHER book post. Sorry not sorry. I'm a total bookaholic. I inhale books like other people do air. So of course when I came across #IMWAYR I had to jump on board!! Thanks Kathryn at The Book Date for hosting!!

If you follow me on GoodReads then you know I have a voracious and varied book appetite. I LOVE all kinds of books and authors. I would not know how to function without my Kindle Unlimited it makes life incredibly fun.



This week I finished the 31st book in the Papa Pacelli's Pizzeria series by Patti Benning. It was incredible, as they all are. I really hope this isn't the end of the series because I will be lost without Ellie, Russ, Nonna, Bunny, Sawyer, Marlowe and everyone else. If you love cozy mysteries, culinary mysteries, and especially both together, DEFINITELY check this series out!!



I started a new to me series by another favorite author. Not cozy mysteries, these full length novels by Melinda Leigh are spellbinding and totally engrossing. I was only two chapters into She Can Run when I found myself loathe to put it down for anything. For the first time since I was pregnant with my now 14 year old I took a book to the potty...yes, I admit it, I did, the book is THAT freaking great!! I can't wait to finish it tonight, and start book two tomorrow during the snowstorm that's coming.

That's what I'm reading, how about you? 
At this point I'd like to turn the post over to my guest writers, my daughters, Autumn and Dannika!


Hi! I'm Dannika, everyone calls me Danni. I'm 15, I'll be 16 in three weeks. This is my first blog post ever. The book I’m currently reading is Where the Heart Is By Billie Letts, It was written in 1995. Novalee Nation has always had bad luck with the number seven, so when her no good deadbeat boyfriend leaves her barefoot, 7 months pregnant, 37lbs overweight, and with only $7.77 to her name (which she was not happy about), she lives in the Walmart In Sequoyah, Oklahoma. She has to hide her living there for about 2 months. She meets lots of nice people, among them Sister Thelma Husband who hands out great advice and photocopies of the Bible; Forney Hull the secretive town librarian and Moses Whitecotton a wise, colored skin, elderly man who teaches Novalee everything about photography. She gives birth in the Walmart thanks to Forney breaking in and jumping through a window to help her. I really love the book I’ve read it 3 times already, It’s very amazing. It is one of my personal favorite books, teaching the reader about friendship, love, life, and that even when life seems hard it does get better with time.
➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽➽
What's up everyone! My name's Autumn, you can call me Muppy. I am so excited to write on our blog for the first time!! The book I'm reading is The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, By Chris Colfer, written in 2012. The main characters are Alex and Conner Bailey, The grandmother, Ms. Peters, and Charlotte (the mom)..... It’s interesting because Alex starts out as the brainiac and Conner is off track and always falling asleep. Once they enter the Land of Stories they basically switch places….. Alex wants to meet all the fairy tale characters and Conner wants to get home. The whole time they just want to get home, following a journal that I believe their dad who has passed is from the land of stories because all the stories in the journal are stories their dad told them, so I believe he invented the wishing spell to get to their mom. In the end, the land of stories is a fascination of mine, I want to learn all I can about it, If not for my mom I would not have known about it, because we used to read it all the time when I was little.

Comments

  1. You make me laugh that you are loving that book so much it had to go places with you! I live in New Zealand, but Maine has always sounded to me like a fairytale place to live. Hope you join with us often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, It's Danni, Maine is more then a fairy tale it's an amazing place to live. It's really cool in the summer, cold as heck in the winter and really amazing overall, Thank you for your nice comment.

      Hello it's Muppy, Maine is more then just a town of blueberries and moose it is also a town of mystery and enchantment. in Maine there is the fun-town splash-town in Saco. and we have the Portland sea-dogs. but that is not why I am here. I wrote the paragraph on the land of stories because it is more then just a book to me it is my life. When I was little every night before bed me and my mom would read one chapter each night till my dad got home. and on the last night we would all read it together. so thank you for your lovely comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been dabbling with KU each time they offer it for 3 months at 99 cents. I really do find some cool books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I ♥ Characters

♫♪♫ Music Monday ♫♪♫