It's been a crazy, but exhilarating week

I am so, so incredibly sorry to NOT have posted at all this past week. First, the flu hit. Bad. I haven't been as sick as I was in years. Thanks be to God, literally, for my parents and semi-independent teen daughters this week because ALL I could do was lay in bed, and for two days straight sleep. I vaguely recall shuffling downstairs to the ONLY bathroom in our house a couple times the second day but that was it.

Blessedly it didn't really hit til Tuesday, because I had a terrific job interview with The Old Schoolhouse to become part of their advertising sales team and today I am thrilled to share I received an email formally inviting me to accept the position, which I did!!

This magazine has been such a HUGE blessing to me for so very many years and I can't say enough great things about them.

Sooo, without further delay, we are on to:

Tonight's temptation is so simple yet so incredibly versatile and yummy I have to share it. This week for our local school district is Vacation Week. Something my kids have a vague notion of, we don't generally not do school this week we just lighten up and do more fun things. I give them a total free day one day where we go out to lunch and a movie but this year they decided to do something different. They are spending vacation week with their older public school attending sister at their dad's. They have been gone since Friday morning, and I didn't hear barely a peep other than "we're fine, no fighting, having a blast, love you" until yesterday. Situation hasn't changed, they're still loving it, and me and my parents are enjoying the blessed (and exceedingly rare) silence. Sometimes though, it IS too quiet. However, we get to indulge our grown-up palates this week and we're taking full advantage! So far we've had smoked pork chops with roasted red pepper & gouda mac and cheese; Wisconsin ham & cheddar soup with asparagus; baked stuffed haddock; spicy beef dip sandwiches; and tonight's winner: 
Alpine Burgers
  • 1 pound ground beef (I like to use 80/20 but you can go leaner if preferred)
  • 1 tablespoon McCormick Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon A1® Steak Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oil 
  • 1 small onion, sliced thin
  • 8 oz cleaned sliced mushrooms (we usually just use button mushrooms, cheap & yummy)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 4 Kaiser rolls, your choice of flavor or plain
Combine the ground beef, steak seasoning, and A1® in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until the onions are soft and both the onions and mushrooms are golden. Remove to a plate and keep warm. 

Add the tablespoon of oil to the same frying pan. Return to medium heat. Shape the beef mixture into 4 patties and add to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side, flip and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Top each patty with 1/4 of the mushroom/onion mixture and 1 slice of cheese. Cover the pan and let cook 2 more minutes. Place each patty on a Kaiser roll (toasted if you prefer) and serve!

Join the Tasty Tuesday Party!!


Inlinkz Link Party


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? 2.11.19

I ♥ Characters

♫♪♫ Music Monday ♫♪♫